Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Maze Runner by James Dashner


Maze Runner by James Dashner

"[A] mysterious survival saga that passionate fans describe as a fusion of Lord of the Flies, The Hunger Games, and Lost."— EW.com

The Maze Runner is a book about survival and strength. It's the first book in the Trilogy. Every 30 days the the "glade" gets a new person joining them and this time it's Thomas. He wakes up from this elevator shaft with no recognition of the past but he only remembers his name. The glade consists of at least 50 boys not one girl.  Outside the towering walls of the glade was a maze. One by one or multiple groups of people take turn going into the maze trying to find a way out. But when nightfall comes they are stuck and will never come out alive. Creatures and machines from the maze at night looking for a new pray and they always succeed. The glades will get the shock of their lives when after a good thirty days a girl comes up from the shaft with a secret more. The girl Teresa seems to recognize Thomas. Now the question is will they be able to survive the maze? Will try ever leave? Or will they be stuck there forever? Find out in Maze Runner by James Dashner.


I've heard lots about this book even before the movie came out (the movie was awesome by the way). Many friends have said it was a good book others say it was amazing. So I decided to check it out myself. I bought the book and I wanted to grasp every single detail in the book and not rush into it, it was worth the wait. I love the author’s creativity the maze theme. It was unique and graves my attention the minute I started reading. It reminded me of the book "Lord of the Flies" because in both books groups of boys had to work together to survive in a strange place. I give this book 4 stars and a half because it was really well written and he described every single aspect in the book in perfect detail. I recommend this book for ages 13 and up because there's lots of violence.

3 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot about the book and the movie, I havet watched the movie yet but somehow and someway this post made me want to read the book first. I love the detail you use and how you ended the post with a kind of cliffhanging question! That really caught my attention! Great job Noor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the movie about this book and it was very good. My two favorite things in the world are mazes and running. This book was too perfect for me. I personally like the movie over the book but both were very fun to watch and experience. What do you think Nour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Chris and thanks again for reading my blog and commenting. Personally I loved the book better, it’s just something that has always been a favorite of mine. But I’m not saying that the movie sucked, it was actually amazing and with Dylan O'Brian as the lead it was hard not to miss.

    ReplyDelete