Monday, September 15, 2014

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent is a new and exciting novel full of excitement and uniqueness like no other. It's the first book in the series by Veronica Roth, set in a dystopian Chicago; people have been separated in 5 factions according to their qualities: Abnegation for the selfless, Candor for the honest, Dauntless for the brave, Amity for the peaceful and Erudite for the knowledgeable. The main character, Beatrice Prior is faced with the decision to either leave Abnegation the faction she had grown up in or to change her life forever. As soon as she turned 16 they take a test to see which faction is most recommended for her. But she soon finds out she is special, she is "Divergent". It's not safe and she must keep it a secret but she soon finds out it's harder than she thinks.

Beatrice; who will be known by Tris, transfers to Dauntless, a faction known for bravery and courage. Tris now must struggle with her fears, friends and enemies and maybe a love interest named Four. How will she handle her new faction and the mysteries that resign in it? Will she be able to stay in the shadows forever or will she be caught? Find out in Veronica Roth's Divergent.

Many people have compared this book to The Hunger Games and Harry Potter for its similarity in things that are beyond anyone could imagine, but that's all you can really compare, as soon as you pick up the book you cannot let it go until the end. In each chapter resides a new discovery that will intrigue and excite you to find out what's next.

First time I heard about this book I wanted to read it. It looked so unique and exciting, two of my favorite qualities in a book. Lots of my friends who have already read the book have said it was spectacular and very well written. So I borrowed the book from a friend and started reading and couldn't stop. I was so hooked on the book I started taking it with me everywhere. I finished the book in about three days and it was worth the time. Veronica Roth has created an amazing new world in her stories; I wish I had that imagination. I recommend this book for people ages 12 and up and I give it four stars.

Dystopian: A dystopia is a community or society that is often characterized by dehumanization, totalitarian governments, environmental disaster, or other characteristics associated with a cataclysmic decline in society.

        



6 comments:

  1. Great blog Noor. I have heard about this book before from my friends and they say it's an amazing book but i have never had the chance to read it. Now that i just read a brief description on your blog, i think i might be interested in reading it. What exactly does divergent means? I would like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noorah! So I'm not really a fan of books but I have to admit, that actually caught my attention. I was hoping for more details about the plot just because of how interested I was. I think i'm going to read the book. Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog. I like to read and this blog will probably give me some ideas of what to read next. I've read Divergent and I couldn't stop thinking about it when I was done.It was really good. I can't wait to see more book reviews from you. Great work so far keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book was very good. I was never a fan of reading until I read Divergent. The ending was fantastic. I could not stop think about it for a good week. I have not yet seen the movie version but have heard only good things. Are you excited for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Giselle, thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. And if you do read this book you won’t regret it, it’s amazing and very interesting. The word Divergent means someone who has multiple personality traits like kindness and honesty. And again thank you, you should check out my other blogs to get new book ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Chris, thanks for reading my blog and commenting its really nice. And yes I was very exited for the movie and I went and watched it with a couple of friends. The book was obviously better but the movie was still really entertaining and exiting. Did you watch the movie?

    ReplyDelete