Monday, December 29, 2014

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

'Isaac Marion has created the most unexpected romantic lead I have ever encountered'
- Stephanie Meyer 1# New York Times Best Selling Author of the Twilight Saga

Warm Bodies By Isaac Marion

In a-post apocalyptic future a zombie named R lives in an abandoned airport near a city. He refers to himself as R because he has no relocation of his old life only his zombie one. 

In the beginning he explains his life as a zombie as he says " I am dead, but its not so bad". He also explains how they are separated into two groups the Fleshies, the Dead who still have flesh on them, and the Boneys, the Dead who have been reduced to nothing more than skeletons with bits of muscle keeping them together. The Boneys are basically the leaders of the Dead, and are seemingly stronger and more intelligent than the Fleshies. R is a Fleshie. What R does not like to do is go hunted for the living, but he needs too, its his only life source.

Julie, a young human girl goes into the city with her boyfriend, Perry and a couple of friends to scavenge some medical supplies and food. While packing supplies into bags they hear sounds and soon after a group of zombies come in and attack. R is one of those zombies. R, while hunting gets distracted by Julie and soon gets shot by Perry. R enraged by being attacked soon kills Perry and starts eating his brain but not all of it, he stores his food because when eating someones brain you get memories, the only sort of dreams for the living dead. Everyone is killed exempt for Julie and her best friend Nora, Nora is in hiding but Julie was not so lucky.   

After killing Perry, R sees Julie all distressed and panicked thinking she is going to die, but R gives pity on the human and saves her. He approaches her and masked her scent with blood of the dead so the other zombies don't know she is a human. He takes her into hiding and keeps her safe. They soon get to know each other and it seems like a strange romance is blooming. But in this society where each other is killed for being who they are will their relationship survive or will they be separated by their two worlds.       

This book is probably one the most interesting books I have ever read. It really demonstrates that no matter who you are love is possible. Its also strange for me because I have never read about a zombie falling in love with a human before or vise versa. I actually loved this book because it has comedy, action and romance all in one. Its the perfect package in book. I have had a bit of doubt about this book but I was glad I actually took the time to read it and love it. This book is a bit gory with all the eating humans and stuff but its great for kids 12 and up. I give this book 4 and a half stars.   












1 comment:

  1. I've never read this book but I've seen the movie and I really liked it. I like how a zombie falls in love a human and acts human himself. It's something new and interessting. During my presentation I found out it was inspired by Romeo and Juliet. I can't believe I didn't notice this! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete